In this section

Last Revision: January 30, 2024

Incomplete Grades (Extensions)

An Incomplete grade of “I” is posted to your course as soon as your extension is approved. An "I" is not a final grade, and no “I” grade may stay on a student record permanently. Your professor will change the "I" to a final grade when your extension ends.

Your professor is not obligated to grade the course as soon as you submit your work but has until 8 days after the official course extension end date.

Please note:

  • If you do not complete work on extension, a final grade of "F" will be posted by your professor.
  • If your course still shows an “I” grade 30 days after the course end date, the Registrar's Office will convert the "I" to a final grade of "F."
  • If you have 2 or more current "I" grades on record, you will be prohibited from registering for any additional courses until you have completed the courses on extension.
  • Your Federal Student Aid eligibility may be impacted if you have courses with "I" grades.