Transfer students with non-U.S. transcripts of post-secondary education who apply for a Transfer Credit Evaluation must request a course-by-course evaluation report from one of the approved foreign credential evaluation services listed below to determine the U.S. equivalency of credit. These agencies issue two main types of reports:

  • Course-by-course evaluation Verifies whether or not the non-U.S. institution is equivalent to an accredited U.S. institution and includes a separate report that provides U.S. semester credit, grade equivalent, and level equivalent (graduate or undergraduate) for each course. A course-by-course report is required for Transfer Credit Evaluations (TCE) in order to receive credit towards your APUS degree.
  • Degree-only verification Verifies the type of degree earned and whether or not the non-U.S. institution degree is equivalent to one earned at an accredited U.S. institution.

Note: Coursework completed at a Canadian institution does not require an international course-by-course evaluation if the transcript is in English, and the institution is a member of Universities Canada [formerly the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)] or other U.S. accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.

Accepted Credential Evaluation Service Organizations

Students are responsible for contacting the agency directly for procedure and fee information. Because membership may change throughout the year, students with non-U.S. transcripts should visit the organization's web site to see the most current information.

Official evaluation reports must be mailed directly from the evaluating agency to:

APUS Administrative Offices
Attention: Document Services
303 W. 3rd Ave.
Ranson, WV 25438

For questions about non-U.S. documents or international student requirements, please e-mail [email protected].