Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)

Submit a TCE if you:

  • Earned academic credits at other colleges or universities and are enrolling in a degree program at AMU. (Required for undergraduate students; optional, but encouraged for students seeking graduate degrees.)
  • Have credits through examinations, professional training, or certifications that have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE).
  • Have military service and training, even if you have never taken prior college courses.

The TCE Process

You must be an admitted student to the university to start the TCE process. Apply now if you have not done so. Your admissions coach will guide you through the process if you need assistance. Prospective students can request a preliminary transfer credit review, but will still need to submit a TCE form after admission.

After you are admitted to the university, log into the student ecampus to submit the Transfer Credit Application form. Each completed course, training, or service experience will be reviewed carefully and thoroughly for potential transfer credit toward your chosen program of study by one of our trained evaluators. Results will be posted to your Academic Plan in the ecampus and you will receive an email notification.

Once all of your documents are received it generally takes the transfer credit team about two weeks to review your application and post your results. We communicate by email throughout the process, so be sure the email address you have on file is active and that "" is not going to a spam folder.

Submitting Transcripts

It's important that you sign the Transcript Release Authorization (TRA) form, so we can request your academic transcripts from accredited institutions on your behalf. The TRA form will appear on your computer screen AFTER you submit the TCE form. 

For institutions that do not allow third parties to request official transcripts, the academic transcript will be labeled as "Student Action Needed" in your Document Log and you will not have a TRA form to complete for that specific institution. You will need to contact the institution and have the official transcript in the original sealed envelope sent to the address below.

For undergraduate degree programs, you must submit official transcripts from every institution of higher learning that you have attended. For graduate degree programs, you must submit the transcript of your highest-degree conferred, in addition to any graduate level credit that you would like to have evaluated.

All official transcripts must be received in sealed envelopes from the issuing institution to the address listed below.

APUS Administrative Offices
Attention: Document Services
303 W. 3rd Ave.
Ranson, WV 25438

If your previous school uses Parchment, e-Script, Script-Safe, Docufide, or sends OFFICIAL electronic transcripts directly from the registrar, you can request that they send a transcript to: [email protected]. Transcripts emailed or faxed from students will not be considered officials.

Certificates and other military documents may be faxed to (304) 724-3788 or emailed to [email protected].

Tracking Results

As each document for your TCE file is received, you will be sent a confirmation email. You can also log into your student ecampus to view your Document Log which contains a list of all documents that have been received as well as those that are still outstanding.

If you have any questions regarding your document log or the status of your documents, please email [email protected].

You can start taking courses after you are admitted and before your TCE is complete, but we strongly recommend you only register for courses that are unlike coursework you have completed in the past to avoid taking a course that may be fulfilled by transfer credit.

TCE Updates

If you have already received your TCE results, but need to have additional documentation reviewed, please log into the student ecampus and complete a TCE Update Request form.

In addition, please keep in mind that during the process of changing your degree, being readmitted, or returning to the university to start a new degree, the transfer credit process is automatically initiated and will include all documents on file at the time of review. Current students in these situations should contact an academic advisor for further assistance. 

Additional Help

If you need help or have questions, our transfer credit staff is available and will guide you through the process step by step.