Many businesses today offer educational benefits to their employees. The process is different for each employer, but there are a few steps you'll need to follow here in order to register and pay for courses using your employer's benefits.

  • Check with your employer’s human resources department for specific details on the types of programs that are covered under their tuition assistance benefits.
  • We will provide you and your employer with the necessary documentation regarding tuition, fees, accreditation, course content, or other required information.
  • If your employer requires proof of final grades prior to reimbursement, you'll need to pay your tuition and fees out-of-pocket during registration – see our paying out of pocket page for help.
  • When applying to the university, be sure to select your employer when prompted. Many companies have partnerships with the university that offer unique benefits to their employees.

How to Submit Employer Vouchers

  • Prior to registration, ask your employer to complete and submit an employer voucher to our finance office – this guarantees payment of tuition.
  • Fax the voucher to 866-755-8763 or email to [email protected] before your course start date (note: books are sent once the paperwork is validated and accepted, so submit the paperwork as early as possible).
  • Obtain your Employer's Identification Number (EIN) from any W-2, paystub, or your human resources department.
  • When you register for class, choose "Employer Voucher" as the method of payment and enter the EIN number.
  • If your employer prefers to pay with a credit card, we will send you an invoice with instructions on how to pay; for employer voucher questions, please email: [email protected].

Federal Employees

The Office of Personnel Management supports job-related studies with up to 100% tuition reimbursement for federal employees. This may also cover the cost of all required course materials.

You will need to confirm approval and financial assistance prior to registering for courses where you intend to pay with federal employee tuition assistance.

  • Approval – you need approval by both your immediate supervisor and the local Civilian Training Director confirming that the course is directly related to your job requirements and professional development.
  • Funding – in some cases, limited funding may preclude full tuition reimbursement and/or course material cost coverage.