Save @ AMU
$0Transfer Credit Evaluation
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
Select any courses that have not been used to fulfill major requirements. Credits applied toward a minor or certificate in an unrelated field may be used to fulfill elective credit for the major.
Courses Start Monthly
Next Courses Start
Programmatic Admission Requirements
All AMU master's degree and graduate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, the following is required for admission into this program. All documentation must be provided prior to course registration:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU) form
- You will need to complete 125 hours of field experience at an approved school site.
- All program courses, including field experience, must be completed prior to entrance into the final capstone course.
- Some course descriptions, syllabi, and assignments may focus on K-12 settings and may require observations and/or assignments to be completed with K-12 learners and/or educators. You will need to obtain access to suitable instructional settings for all required assignments and for the capstone course.
- Any background check requirements, including fees, for the selected instructional setting(s) in which you will observe and be present are your responsibility.
- The first course you need to take here is EDUC 502: Foundations of Curriculum and Instruction. Other courses may be taken in conjunction with the first course, but you must complete the first required course during your initial class term at our university.
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation including a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the AMU admission application. View steps to apply.
This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure. In order to make an informed decision about your education, prior to applying here we strongly encourage you to explore any state-specific or other requirements applicable to you, including with respect to certification, licensure, and certificate enhancements.
An AMU admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Technology fees: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military servicemembers, and for National Guard and Reserve personnel when using military TA.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an AMU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Education Should Be Affordable
So you can focus on the opportunities ahead, without the financial burden of more expensive schools who are not as invested in your success. Learn more about paying for school.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
1Alumni Graduated with No APUS-incurred Student Loan Debt
As of May 1, 2019. Includes alumni who graduated with an associate, bachelor's, or master's degree from APUS. Student loan debt is defined as student loans and private education loans used for tuition, fees, living expenses, and book costs associated with courses taken at APUS.
2Cost Per Credit Hour
To minimize out-of-pocket costs, active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a master's-level book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for master’s-level courses to active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists.See all military student benefits