We Salute You, Too
As a military spouse or dependent, we understand your unique challenges: juggling work and family life, PCS relocations, and the other unpredictable circumstances that come with the military lifestyle. That is why we are committed to making sure that you have access to a flexible and affordable education no matter where military life takes you.
We believe military spouses and dependents deserve the opportunity to learn without the burden of debt, too. That’s why AMU created a military tuition grant for U.S. active-duty, National Guard, and Reserve military spouses and dependents. The grant covers undergraduate and master’s-level tuition above the military TA cap of $250/credit hour. Military spouses can also take advantage of the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program as well as other scholarships. Fulfill your goals by enrolling at a university that supports your grit and dedication.
"We needed to find an answer that was going to help me be a good military wife, be a good parent but also help me finish my degree. American Military University helped me to excel in all three of those areas."
A Few Reasons Why We Are #1 AMU Removes Barriers
*A $100 fee is required for all doctoral applications.
**To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, Reservists, and military spouses/dependents receive a tuition grant that covers undergraduate and master's-level tuition above the military TA cap of $250/credit hour. In addition, the University provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate, doctoral, and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students. AMU also offers a technology fee waiver for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Military Spouse Benefits
Military spouses and dependents may be eligible to take advantage of the following education benefits:
- AMU has created a military grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, Reservists, and military spouses/dependents that covers tuition above the military TA rate of $250 per credit hour for all undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate programs.
- $0 book costs for all undergraduate and master's-level courses for those eligible for the military grant
- Opportunity for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship program, which provides military spouses with up to $4,000 of financial assistance for qualified programs
- Waiver of technology fees when using the MyCAA Scholarship
- Transfer credit evaluation for earning academic credit from the multiple colleges or universities you may have attended as well as a no-cost preliminary transfer credit review
- Easy student and alumni access to career-related services
Amanda always wanted to go to college, but had to consider her husband’s Navy deployments and relocations. Enrolling enabled her to do both.
Check Out Our Blog
Steps to Get Started
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will walk you through the follow-up steps you need to get started.
Additional Admissions Information
Servicemembers, spouses, and veterans follow the same general admission requirements as all other undergraduate students or graduate students.