We Salute You, Too
As a military spouse or dependent, we understand your unique challenges: juggling work and family life, PCS relocations, and the other unpredictable circumstances that come with the military lifestyle. That is why we are committed to making sure that you have access to a flexible and affordable education no matter where military life takes you.
We believe military spouses and dependents deserve the opportunity to learn without the burden of debt, too. That’s why AMU created a military tuition grant for U.S. active-duty, National Guard, and Reserve military spouses and dependents. The grant caps undergraduate and master’s-level tuition at $250/credit hour. We also offer military spouse scholarships such as MyCAA. Fulfill your goals by enrolling at a university that supports your grit and dedication.
"We needed to find an answer that was going to help me be a good military wife, be a good parent but also help me finish my degree. American Military University helped me to excel in all three of those areas."
A Few Reasons Why We Are #1 AMU Removes Barriers
*A $100 fee is required for all doctoral applications.
**To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate and doctoral students and all military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
Military Spouse Benefits
Military spouses and dependents may be eligible to take advantage of the following education benefits:
- AMU has created a military grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists, providing tuition that caps at the military TA rate:
- $250 per credit hour for all undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate programs
- $0 book costs for all undergraduate and master's-level courses for those eligible for the military grant
- Participation in the MyCAA Scholarship program, which provides military spouses with up to $4,000 of financial assistance for qualified programs
- An additional $500 tuition grant, with $250 applied to the third course and the last course of an undergraduate certificate program when using the MyCAA Scholarship
- Waiver of technology fees when using the MyCAA Scholarship
- Transfer credit evaluation for earning academic credit from the multiple colleges or universities you may have attended as well as a free preliminary transfer credit review
- Easy student and alumni access to career-related services
Amanda always wanted to go to college, but had to consider her husband’s Navy deployments and relocations. Enrolling enabled her to do both.
Check Out Our Blog
Steps to Get Started
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will walk you through the follow-up steps you need to get started.
Additional Admissions Info by Branch