Skip Navigation

Looking to take just a course or two?

AMU offers individual courses to help you:

  • Fulfill your educational requirements at another school
  • Increase your knowledge in your current field
  • Meet professional certification requirements
  • Explore exciting pathways to personal growth

Online courses at AMU are typically 8-weeks in length, have no specific login times, and are offered at the associate, bachelor’s and master’s levels.

The easiest way to see if we have a course to meet your needs is to look at our schedule of classes.

We're here to help. Call Us!

Mon - Fri:  8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
Sat - Sun: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET

Air Force Students

AMU is proud to participate in the Community College of the Air Force "GEM" program, allowing Airmen to complete CCAF's 15 semester hours of general education requirements from a selection of AMU courses. If you are enrolling here to transfer credits back to CCAF, select "non-degree-seeking student" when you complete the admissions application.

College Students

Many students enrolled at other schools come here to take a course or two in order to complete their degree on schedule. Need one more elective? We might have it!

We strongly recommend that you first check with your primary institution to determine that the credits you earn here will transfer there.

High School Students Dual Enrollment

As an exceptional junior or senior in high school, you might have considered starting your college career now. AMU can help by allowing you to enroll in our 100 and 200 level college courses even while you’re still in high school. This is known as dual enrollment and may or may not lead to additional high school credits. Ask your high school guidance counselor about dual enrollment opportunities at your school.

Courses such as English, history, math, or other general education courses are easily transferred to most regionally accredited universities. If you know which college you plan to attend, we advise that you contact them prior to registering for courses to see if your transferred credits will be accepted.


  • A high school GPA of 3.0 or better
  • Your official high school transcript (or a letter from your school principal or guidance counselor on school letterhead)
  • An enrollment waiver form signed by your parent or legal guardian if you are under age 17, even if you have already graduated from high school
  • Select "undergraduate non-degree seeking" when you fill out our admissions application

Contact an admissions representative for help enrolling here as a high school student.


We help educators and others meet a wide range of professional development in programs such as:

Note: if you plan to take at least 3 or more courses in a subject, consider enrolling in a learning track or certificate program. 

Getting Started

To register for a course or two, select the “Non-Degree Seeking Student” status as either an undergraduate or graduate student when you submit our admissions application. This leaves you free to register for any individual course as long as you meet the requirements for that course.

You will not be able to use federal student aid (FSA) to pay for school when you enroll as a "non-degree seeking student" taking individual courses. And we strongly recommend that you first check with your primary institution or professional association to make sure the credits you earn here will be accepted.