Save @ AMU
About This Program
The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from American Military University (AMU) provides real-world insight from faculty with experience from government, the military, public safety, corrections, and the private sector.
AMU’s criminal justice degree builds your understanding of:
- U.S. law enforcement
- Community relations
- Juvenile issues
- The causes of crime
- Criminal behavior
- Corrections and incarceration
- Stress management
Through this online criminal justice degree, you learn alongside criminal justice professionals interested in safeguarding communities and our nation.
AMU’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice is available for a deeper study of forensics.
What You Will Do
- Learn the similarities and differences among local, state, and federal criminal justice components while gaining an international perspective
- Explore parts components of the criminal justice system from political and public administration standpoints
- Learn how various prevailing theories apply to elements within the criminal justice system
- Design research that, if executed, would add to the body of knowledge in the criminal justice profession
- Probe how standards of evidence and law impact criminal justice system segments and professionals
Degree at a Glance
Courses Start Monthly
- All AMU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the AMU admission application. View steps to apply.
Technology fee: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an AMU admissions representative at 877-755-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Education Should Be Affordable
So you can focus on the opportunities ahead, without the financial burden of more expensive schools who are not as invested in your success. Learn more about paying for school.
Maryland Residents learn more about costs, completion rates, median debt, and more.
1Alumni Graduated with No APUS-incurred Student Loan Debt As of December 31, 2021
Includes alumni who graduated with an associate, bachelor's, or master's degree from APUS. Student loan debt is defined as student loans and private education loans used for tuition, fees, living expenses, and book costs associated with courses taken at APUS. Many APUS students receive military tuition assistance and veterans education benefits, which are not student loan debt.
*Cost Per Credit Hour
To minimize out-of-pocket costs, U.S. active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a university book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduates and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
See all military student benefits.