A flexible, affordable education that travels with you.
As a military spouse, we understand that your family is frequently on the move, whether it’s a PCS to another duty station in the United States or an overseas location. It’s a dynamic lifestyle that requires flexibility. With our background in military education, we also understand your unique learning needs. Whether you’re creating a portable career that moves with you, or preparing for a new career after your spouse leaves military service, we can help.
The advantages of taking online courses through AMU include:
- A tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour.
- Textbooks and ebooks provided at no cost to undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate students.
- Participation in the MyCAA Scholarship program, which provides military spouses with up to $4,000 of financial assistance for qualified programs.
- An additional $500 tuition grant, with $250 applied to the third course and the last course of an undergraduate certificate program when using the MyCAA Scholarship.
- Waiver of AMU technology fees when using the MyCAA Scholarship.
- Transfer credit evaluation for earning academic credit from the multiple colleges or universities you may have attended.
- Easy student and alumni access to career-related services.
We also recognize that not all learning takes place in conventional brick-and-mortar classrooms. You might be able to earn academic credit for work performed on the job or in volunteer organizations through our Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests.