Welcome to the APUS Help Center

Submitting Transcript Release Authorization (TRA) Forms

As part of completing the admission process or the transfer credit evaluation process, you may be asked to submit transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities. Here are the steps required:

  1. Log into the ecampus, under the Academic Plan & Forms/My Status & Records menu, choose Document log.
  2. You will see a Transcript Release Form (TRA) for each previously attended college or university that you listed on your admission application and/or TCE application. A TRA will be pre-populated for each transcript we are able to request for you.
  3. Print your TRA form(s) to physically sign and date it, as this legally authorizes us to order official academic transcripts on your behalf.
  4. Send TRA’s to:

Postal Mail:

American Public University System
Attn: Document Services
303 W. 3rd. Ave.
Ranson, WV 25438

Scan and email TRA’s to [email protected]

Fax to 304-724-3788

If we are unable to order an academic transcript on your behalf, it will be your responsibility to have an official copy mailed to us. You will be notified which transcripts we can order and which you must order.

Official transcripts that are not ordered on your behalf cannot be emailed or faxed, and must be mailed (in a sealed envelope) to our Document Services team. Visit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Center website for more details on submitting the appropriate forms.

Note: You will not see a TRA for any military or other non-collegiate training records, as these documents cannot be requested on your behalf. Learn more about submitting military or other documents.