- Undergraduate: $285 | $250 for active-duty military students*
- Master's Degree and Graduate Certificate: $370 | $250 for active-duty military students*
- Doctoral: View programs for pricing details >
- Audit: $100
- Undergraduate textbooks & ebooks: $0
- Master's level textbooks & ebooks: $0 for all active-duty military students*
- Technology fees: $65 per course | $0 for active-duty military servicemembers, and for National Guard and Reserve personnel when using military TA
*To minimize out-of-pocket costs, active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists receive a tuition grant that caps undergraduate, master's degree, and graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour. In addition, a master's-level book grant provides no-cost textbooks and ebooks for master’s-level courses to active-duty servicemembers, their spouse/dependents, National Guard members, and Reservists.
Ways to Pay
As an accredited university, we are able to accept many forms of financing from public and private sources, including:
Federal Student Aid
The federal government offers a number of financial aid options to help you pay for school, and our financial aid representatives are fully trained to answer your FSA questions. You'll start by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine if you are eligible for federal aid. (Our FAFSA school code is 038193-00.) You'll want to submit all required financial aid forms at least 5 weeks before you plan to start taking courses.
Our finance team has decades of experience helping active-duty servicemembers pay for school using military tuition assistance. In addition, we offer servicemembers:
- A tuition grant designed to cap our undergraduate and master's degree/graduate certificate tuition at $250/credit hour.
- Technology fees are waived for active-duty servicemembers when using military TA.
The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) offers a number of educational benefits to veterans. We are a Yellow Ribbon university. Also, our representatives can help you decide which GI Bill® best fits your needs and can navigate you through the submission process.
AMU has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.
Scholarships and Loans
While we don't directly offer university scholarships, there are many opportunities to apply for private scholarships or loans.
Self Pay Online
The university accepts MasterCard®, Visa®, or Discover® credit cards during registration checkout. We also offer electronic debit from your bank to pay for tuition in full or to set up an automatic payment plan to spread tuition costs over 2 to 3 months.
Get Started Soon
If you plan to use any form of financial assistance, it's important to start the process early. After you apply for enrollment or financial aid, please check your email frequently and respond promptly to our requests for items such as tax information or transcripts.