We have been educating those who serve™ since 1991, and we are a top provider of education to the U.S. military today. We are as dedicated to helping you pay for school as we are to helping you start and finish it. Here are just a few ways we support our military students:
- Low tuition rates to help limit your out-of-pocket costs beyond military tuition assistance (TA).
- A tuition grant designed to cover our undergraduate and master's-level tuition above the military TA cap of $250/credit hour for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, Reservists, and military spouses/dependents.
- The technology fee is waived for active-duty servicemembers, National Guard members, and Reservists.
- No-cost textbooks and ebooks for all undergraduate, doctoral, and military-tuition-grant-eligible master’s-level students.
- Possible transfer credits for your military courses including JST, CCAF, DSST (formerly DANTES), METC, and ACE-evaluated training.
- Online support teams and military education coordinators located at base installations around the country.
If you are a current student and an active-duty soldier, Army National Guard member, or Army Reservist who plans to use Tuition Assistance (TA) or Credentialing Assistance (CA) to pay for school, you must create a student account in ArmyIgnitED.
If you are not yet a student, you must first apply to AMU.
All Army servicemembers interested in requesting TA or CA can learn about next steps and get your questions answered by visiting our ArmyIgnitED webpage.
Should you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend you start this process at least 4 weeks prior to your course start date.
- Apply for admission to our university and print your degree plan.
- Register for courses; all branches require registration prior to approval.
- Choose Military TA as your payment method.
- Meet with your Education Services Officer (ESO) for a briefing on TA.
- Request required TA forms through your branch education portal for each course with a unique start date (use TA school code 3389A).
- Army students Army students will need to create an account in the ArmyIgnitED portal to request TA. Check out our ArmyIgnitED web page for more information.
- Air Force students will utilize an online system for requesting Air Force tuition assistance through the Air Force Virtual Education Center. You will apply for tuition assistance through the portal and it will be sent electronically to APUS for processing.
- Navy, Marine Corps., and Coast Guard Students will submit an application through the Navy College Office's Virtual WebTA portal.
- Please review these helpful steps to assist with the Navy College Office's Tuition Assistance approvals.
- You may upload a copy of your Tuition Assistance Authorization securely through the Secure Document Upload portal: https://mydocs.apus.edu. Please log in with your eCampus ID and Password to upload the required document(s).
- Disclose all sources of aid: Contact the financial aid office if you plan to use multiple sources of aid, such as FSA or other scholarships.
Please note, your approved Military TA request must be received and processed by APUS prior to 4:30 PM ET of the Friday after your course start date.
Each branch of the service has a specific TA process. Please select your branch portal below for the most up-to-date information.
- Air Force (form AF 1227)
- Army - ArmyIgnitED (form DA 2171)
- Coast Guard (form ETQC 1560) - Help line: 405-954-1360
- Marine Corps (form NAVMC 10883)
- National Guard
- Air Force - Help line: 877-596-5771
- ArmyIgnitED or state-specific portal - Help line: 800-817-9990
- Navy (form NAVEDTRA 1560/5) - Help Line: 877-838-1659 Option 1 for TA and Option 3 for NAVY COOL
- Reserves (select your branch portal)
The total balance not covered by TA, including fees, must be paid before you can start your course(s). Here are a few ways to pay the balance beyond your TA payments.
Out of Pocket (credit card, e-check):
To make direct payments on your account, login to your student portal via the university's ecampus and set up your "payment profile" to pay using a credit card or e-check.
Federal Student Aid (FSA):
Top-Up (Montgomery GI Bill Only):
Top-Up is a program that allows GI Bill®* participants to use their benefits to supplement tuition and fees not covered by TA.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official website: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Contact your ESO or civilian training representative to find out if you are eligible for training funds that apply directly to courses related to your job.
The MyCAA scholarship program provides tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. Follow these steps to pay for your tuition here using MyCAA benefits:
- Visit the MyCAA portal to register for the program.
- Apply for admission and select MyCAA in the Affiliations and Memberships drop-down menu.
- Inform your admissions representative that you intend to use MyCAA.
- Register for the approved MyCAA courses.
- Select Employee Voucher as your method of payment.
- Enter the employer name and address: Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts | 2107 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 100 | Arlington, VA 22209
- Enter the EIN number: 11111111
- Request your Scholarship Education and Training Plan from MyCAA@apus.edu.
- Upload your approved plan into your MyCAA portal.
- Log into the MyCAA portal and print out a copy of your confirmed Financial Assistance (FA) award and send this to our TA office by faxing to 866-755-8763 or emailing email@example.com.
These websites offer additional information to help you find answers about your military TA needs.
- Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) scholarships
- Limited interest rates, no accrual of interest, and deferment of student loans
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant or additional Federal Pell Grant funds
- Veteran service organizations financial aid
Please be sure you have signed your TA documents and included your student ID on the form for a timely response.
- Send your paperwork to: (fax) 304-724-3781/toll-free 866-755-8763 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.