Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society for students in business, management, and administration serves institutions which offer baccalaureate and graduate degrees in business, management, and administration where the institution holds accreditation from one of the several institutional accrediting bodies but not specialized accreditation in business. The chapter was officially chartered with the university on August 29, 2012.
Lifetime recognition for outstanding academic achievements, fellowship program, networking opportunities, and annual lifetime organization newsletter.
Lifetime membership fee:
$65 (grants a membership certificate, a lapel pin, an organization decal, and a current issue of the newsletter, Aspirations).
If you are currently a member of Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group [email protected].
Sigma Beta Delta achieved ACTIVE standing, per the university's Chapter Standards program. Active standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email [email protected] to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students who meet the criteria below will receive an invitation to join during the months of April and October. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email [email protected]. We will not accept applications outside the membership drive time-frame.
- Status Requirement: active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months)
- Program Requirement: enrolled in the Bachelor or Master in Human Resource Management
- GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement:
- Completed six semester hours with the university in your current program
- Completed at least half of the semester hours required in your academic program (credit from the university and transfer credit)
- Complied with university policies on academic integrity
Alumni may request membership from the Office of Student Affairs if within one year of conferral date.
For questions on eligibility criteria or general information, email [email protected].