SALUTE is the only national honor society in the nation recognizing and honoring the service and the scholastic achievements of this generation’s greatest veterans. SALUTE is an acronym for: Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, and Excellence. SALUTE provides formal recognition for service and academics, leadership, volunteering and resume development, community engagement, opportunities to network with as well as give and receive assistance to fellow veterans, eligibility for SALUTE scholarships, and more!
A certificate and military-style challenge coin commemorating membership in SALUTE and specific level of academic achievement, Scholarship opportunities, lifetime recognition for outstanding achievements, networking with members, alumni, and fellow veterans.
$40 (comprised of $35 membership and initiation fee, as well as a PayPal fee of $5 per student or member).
If you are currently a member of SALUTE, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALUTE achieved BRONZE standing per the university's Chapter Standards program. Bronze standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email email@example.com to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students will receive an invitation during the months of January and July. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status Requirement: active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months)
- Military Requirement: Students must qualify as military/veteran student. Applicant must submit a DD-214 Member 4 copy (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) with an Honorable Discharge from the United States military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, Marines, Coast Guard or National Guard). A DD256 or DD257 may be substituted, but should indicate a period of active duty service dates to be a valid document for eligibility. Applicants currently serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
- Graduate: students who meet the GPA and semester hour requirement will be classified as SALUTE Gold Members
- GPA: 3.5 or above cumulative GPA in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement: completed at least six semester hours with the university in the current program; completed at least nine total semester hours toward current program (university and transfer credit)
- Undergraduate: students who meet the various GPA requirements, along with the semester hour requirement, will be classified under the respective tiers
- Alpha Tier GPA: 3.75-4.00
- Bravo Tier GPA: 3.50-3.74
- Charlie Tier GPA: 3.25-3.49
- Delta Tier GPA: 3.00-3.24
- Semester Hour Requirement: completed at least six semester hours with the university in the current program; completed at least 12 total semester hours toward current program (university and transfer credit)
- Tier-Upgrade Mobility: Members are encouraged to move up to the next higher tier level as their GPA increases. This serves to motivate students to strive for improvement. Higher tier levels have opportunities for greater scholarship money and receive updated materials such as, new certificate, along with a personalized letter of recommendation from SALUTE National. Tier-update requires a $10 processing fee. To initiate a tier-upgrade, contact email@example.com.
- Complied with the university policies on academic integrity
Matriculated student veterans who meet the above scholastic and service eligibility requirements are eligible for a Professional Membership ($105 lifetime membership fee).