Pi Gamma Mu promotes, encourages, and rewards scholarship and service among students and faculty members in all of the social sciences.
Our university's chapter of Pi Gamma Mu is the proud recipient of the 2013 Chapter of the Year Award.
Access to potential scholarship, possible advancement in the U.S. Civil Service Rating and a related pay increase, leadership opportunities, and the opportunity for publication in the International Social Science Review.
Lifetime membership fee:
If you are currently a member of Pi Gamma Mu, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email [email protected].
Pi Gamma Mu achieved PLATINUM standing, per the university's Chapter Standards program. Platinum standing demonstrates the highest level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email [email protected] to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students who meet the criteria below will receive an invitation during the months of May and November. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email [email protected]. We will not accept applications outside the membership drive time-frame.
- Active student (completed at least one of our courses in the past 12 months)
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree in one of the following programs: criminal justice, history, homeland security, human development and family studies, intelligence studies, international relations, international relations and global security, military history, national security studies, political science, psychology, public administration, public policy, or sociology
- Cumulative GPA of 3.50 or above
- Graduate students: completed a minimum of six semester hours with the university in your current program
- Undergraduate students: completed a minimum of six semester hours with the university, completed a minimum of 20 semester hours in core requirements, and completed at least a total of 60 semester hours toward your current program (university and transfer credit) to reach an academic level of at least junior
- Complied with university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria, email [email protected].
The Chapter Advisor and Sponsor, Allison G. S. Knox, also serves as the Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society Chancellor of the Southeast. For more information about Pi Gamma Mu or starting a chapter of Pi Gamma Mu, please contact her directly at [email protected].