Alpha Phi Sigma is a national criminal justice honor society for those studying criminal justice or a related field. The society recognizes the academic excellence of bachelor's and master's degree students of criminal justice programs.
We officially chartered the chapter, Kappa Kappa on November 7, 2008 to promote the highest standards of criminal justice practice and to recognize and promote the four goals of Alpha Phi Sigma: academic excellence, unity, leadership, and service. The Kappa Kappa chapter was welcomed as the 366th chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma.
For more information about the chapter, please visit their website.
Scholarships, internships, networking, national conferences access, and up-to-date criminal justice information through the official organization newsletter, The Docket.
Lifetime membership fee:
$85 (grants a membership certificate, card, and pin).
You may not apply for membership once your degree has been conferred.
If you are currently a member of Alpha Phi Sigma, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email email@example.com.
Active Member Requirements
Members must complete chapter level active membership requirements prior to purchasing Alpha Phi Sigma regalia.
Alpha Phi Sigma achieved BRONZE standing per the university's Chapter Standards program. Bronze standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students will receive an invitation during the months of February and August. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email email@example.com. We will not accept applications outside the membership drive timeframe.
- Active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months)
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's level criminal justice, intelligence studies, homeland security, legal studies, national security studies, or security management program
- 3.5 or above cumulative GPA for graduate and undergraduate students
- Graduate students: completed a minimum of 6 semester hours with the university, as well as a minimum of 12 total semester hours in your current program (including university and transfer credit)
- Undergraduate students: completed a minimum of 6 semester hours with the university, as well as a minimum of 40 total semester hours in your current program (including university and transfer credit)
- Complied with university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria or general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.