The Outstanding Legacy Project Award recognizes an organization that has created & implemented a project that will continue with the chapter each year. The Outstanding Legacy Project Award will be awarded to a chapter who has implemented & set a high standard for other organizations to follow.
- No violations found or pending review of the student organization policy, or reported by the national chapter in the past year
- Highest chapter standard distinction awarded for the award year
- Provides evidence of regular and sustained achievements or recognition that support the award description
- Demonstrates high-quality chapter activities aimed at engaging members
- Evidence of an active and engaged leadership board
- Recipient must be supported unanimously by the leadership team and advisors
Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the Legacy Project.
- The University Awards Committee reviews submissions
- Top candidates are submitted to the Associate Provost of Student and Alumni Services for final review and approval
- There may be more than one award winner selected in a calendar year (based on the discretion of the review committee); however, if no qualified candidates are nominated, the award may not be given
- Award recipients are recognized during Commencement weekend
- Individual plaques for Chapter Officers and Advisors
- Perpetual Plaque in University Archives
- Award recipients are not required to attend Commencement to accept the award