How to Register for Courses
You can register for a course as early as 5 months before it begins and up to 1 week before the course starts. View the academic calendar schedule for open and close registration dates for each 8- or 16-week session.
- Log into the ecampus with your student ID and password.
- Select the Register Now button from the menu which will take you to your academic plan or a listing of course topics for you to choose from depending on your degree type.
- Click on a blue course heading from your academic plan.
- Click the blue Register Now button below the course details.
If you receive an on-screen message indicating that you can’t register for a course, please read the message carefully as it will tell you exactly which department to contact regarding your registration issue.
- Select a course session if available.
- Select whether you plan to use Federal Student Aid (FSA), then click the blue Continue Registration button.
- Read the Academic Policy and Military TA Disclosure Policy, and click Continue Registration.
- If you want to register for additional classes, click Continue Adding Courses. If you’re finished, click Complete Registration.
- Verify your email address and shipping address, then click Select Payment Options.
- Choose the desired payment type, then click Next.
Be careful with this step. If you need to change your payment type later, you will need to drop the course and re-register. For example, many of our students select "loan" as their payment type, but that is only applicable for students receiving a private loan, not federal student aid loans or grants.
- Review registration confirmation, then click Print.
If you miss the open registration time window, you may be able to register late up until Wednesday of the first week of the course. Read Registering Late for Courses for complete details.
Students receiving Federal Student Aid (FSA) have a few unique requirements when it comes to course registration. We encourage our FSA students to please read FSA Academic Years, Semesters, and Course Registration prior to registering for the first time.
If you enrolled as a non-degree-seeking student, you do not have an academic plan from which to register. Instead, you will see a complete list of all university programs and courses from which to choose when you click the Register Now button. You will still be required to meet all pre-requisites or admission requirements to register for certain courses.
If you’re an active-duty Army, Reserve, or National Guard student using military tuition assistance (TA) to pay for school, please read below for more details.
If you are a current student and an active-duty soldier, Army National Guard member, or Army Reservist who plans to use Tuition Assistance (TA) to pay for school, you must create a student account in ArmyIgnitED.
If you are not yet a student, you must first apply to AMU.
All Army servicemembers interested in requesting TA can learn about next steps and get your questions answered by visiting our ArmyIgnitED webpage.
Should you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us at [email protected].