Welcome to the APUS Help Center

Updating Contact Information on File with the University

You are responsible for maintaining current contact information, including your email address, permanent mailing address, phone number, and military status or employer information in your student record. Because much of our communication with you is done via email, it is very important that you periodically check that your email address on file is accurate.

You can update your contact information — along with your employer, military, or veteran status— as often as necessary in the ecampus.

  1. Log into the ecampus.
  2. Under your user name (or the person icon in mobile) in the top menu bar, select the Edit Profile button.
  3. Click the blue Edit link next to the information you would like to update.
  4. Update your information.
  5. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
  6. Please note that you are also responsible for safeguarding email account login information, student account login information, and student ID. The university is not responsible for the misuse of passwords or student ID by any person.

Name Change

To change your name, please contact [email protected]. Depending on the reason for your name change, you will need to provide a copy of one of the following:

  • Current/valid driver’s license or state-issued ID
  • Court’s record allowing for the name change
  • Marriage or divorce documents
  • Current/valid U.S. passport page showing personal information

In order for your desired name to be printed on the diploma, the name that we have on record must match your legal name.