Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Thursday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Forum Grading Rubric
Assignments for Weeks 4, 6, and 8 are designed to explore key topic(s) for that week, and will challenge you to apply critical thinking skills to the analysis of important issues relevant to the field of Health Information Technology. Each essay should follow APA format and the Citation and Reference Style guidance provided within this syllabus.
Please reference the Graduate Level Writing Rubric for details on how your written assignments will be evaluated.
For this assignment you will select a disease related to any one of the body systems. You will create a PowerPoint presentation on your selected disease, and demonstrate the use of proper medical terminology to address the following:
• Description of selected disease
• Genetic factors
• Risk factors
• Clinical Manifestations
• Diagnostic testing
• References slide
Your PowerPoint should be 15-20 slides, not including the title and reference slides. You should include discussion notes in the speaker’s notes for each slide. These notes are expected to follow APA 6th edition manual guidelines. You should cite at least 5 scholarly sources. Including tables, graphs and other visual aids, such as pictures/images is required. Use of audio within the presentation is encouraged, but not required.