International students with non-U.S. transcripts
As an international student, you must have your any non-US transcripts required for admission (those not from a CHEA accredited institution or from a member university of Universities Canada) evaluated by a credential evaluation agency listed below.
Agencies should mail transcript evaluations (faxed reports are not considered official) to:
American Public University System
Attn: Document Services
111 West Congress Street
Charles Town, WV 25414
Agency Issued Reports
Evaluation agencies will complete your evaluation in one of two ways:
- Degree-only verification: Verifies the type of degree earned and whether or not the non-U.S. institution degree is equivalent to one earned at an accredited U.S. institution.
- Course-by-course evaluation: Verifies whether or not the non-U.S. institution is equivalent to an accredited U.S. institution and includes a separate report that provides U.S. semester credit, grade equivalent, and level equivalent (graduate or undergraduate) for each course. This report is used for transfer credit evaluations and 3-year non-U.S. bachelor degrees.
Accepted Credential Evaluation Agencies
You are responsible for contacting one of these accepted foreign education evaluation agencies to have your non-U.S. transcript evaluated, and to receive procedure and fee information:
- Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS): We accept only the academic report which includes the earned credential equivalency and a course-by-course report.
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES): Current members only. Because membership may change throughout the year, visit the NACES website to see the most current information. We are currently able to receive evaluations electronically via:
- Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE): Current members only. Because membership may change throughout the year, visit the AICE website to see the most current information.