The graduate certificate in Executive Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to help prepare chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel for their leadership roles. This online program offers you an improved knowledge of police administration, grant writing, organizational management and development, leadership, and planning. This program is also a useful introduction to a graduate degree in criminal justice, management, or other similar areas of interest. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of executive law enforcement leadership without committing to a degree program.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Compare and contrast techniques for structuring and resolving managerial problems in public and private organizations.
- Evaluates interpersonal relations, motivation, decision making, and group behavior in organizations.
- Deconstruct the role and function of leadership in terms of how it impacts individuals, organizations, and society.
- Synthesis state-of-the-art practices and theories, strategies and techniques relative to the strategic management and planning process.
- Examines administrative issues inherent in both large and small police organizations, including administration, organization, leadership, the role of the manager, and citizen oversight.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to be able to develop a grant proposal.