The Sports Management and Sports and Health Sciences Honor Society’s purpose is to recognize academic achievement and outstanding students and alumni within the discipline. This organization promotes the study of sports and health through extensive teaching, publication, and research; as well as fostering interaction and networking between members with similar goals and interests.
The Sports Management and Sports and Health Sciences Honor Society is a stand-alone honor society and is not affiliated with a national or international honor society.
Recognition for outstanding academic achievements in Sports-related degree programs, professional development opportunities, develop leadership skills and networking opportunities.
If you are currently a member of Sports Management and Sports and Health Sciences Honor Society, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group, email [email protected].
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email [email protected] to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students meeting the criteria below will receive an invitation during the months of April and October. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email [email protected].
- Status Requirement: active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months)
- Program Requirement: enrolled in a bachelor's or master's level athletic development management, sports and health sciences, or sports management program
- GPA Requirement: cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement: completed at least six semester hours at the university
- Complied with the university policies on academic integrity
Alumni who meet eligibility requirements may request membership from the Office of Student Affairs.
For questions on eligibility criteria or general information, email [email protected].