The Student Organization Chapter of the Year Award recognizes an organization that has exemplified outstanding achievements in leadership, engagement, service, and commemoration.
- No violations found or pending review of the student organization policy, or reported by the national chapter in the past year
- Highest chapter standard distinction awarded for the award year
- Provides evidence of regular and sustained achievements or recognition that support the award description
- Demonstrates high-quality chapter activities aimed at engaging members
- Evidence of an active and engaged leadership board
- Recipient must be supported unanimously by the leadership team and advisors
Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those familiar with the organization's work. For additional information or questions, contact the University Awards Committee.
- The University Awards Committee reviews submissions
- Top candidates are submitted to the vice-president of Student Services for final review and approval
- There may be more than one award winner selected in a calendar year (based on the discretion of the review committee); however, if no qualified candidates are nominated, the award may not be given
- Award recipients are recognized during Commencement weekend
- Individual plaques for Chapter Officers and Chapter Advisors
- Perpetual Plaque in University Archives
- Award recipients are not required to attend Commencement to accept the award