Academic Scholar Award
The Academic Scholar Award recognizes excellence in scholarly conduct, accomplishment, and contributions during the student's time at American Military University.
The award is given to one graduate and one undergraduate student from each academic school in the current graduating class. Each graduating class includes four conferrals: August 15, November 15, February 15, and May 15.
- Minimum GPA: 3.75 (undergraduate) and 3.93 (graduate)
- Have high levels of engagement and rapport with instructor and peers
- Have consistent participation in discussion forums, etc.
- Have made an impact on peers and leadership in the classroom
- Additional leadership or scholarly achievements that can be documented by the nominator
- Candidates are nominated by the dean of their respective academic school based on the criteria above
- Documentation - Nominations include a completed nomination form, a detailed rationale (minimum 500 words) to support this nomination, and examples showing the criteria listed above have been met
- Nominations are accepted at each conferral throughout the year
- Once the final eligible conferral passes, nominees are reviewed by the Office of the Provost
- Top candidates in each academic school are presented to the university provost for review
- Final approval is granted by the University Provost/University President
- Award recipients receive one night accommodations and individual travel expenses to attend commencement
- Award recipients are recognized during commencement weekend
- Award recipients receive a plaque and medallion to be worn at commencement
- Award recipients are not required to attend commencement to accept the award
Contact the University Awards Committee if you have questions. Nominations are due by February 1, 2019.