The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) offers a number of educational benefits to veterans. This page contains information and links on how to use your veterans benefits at our university.
GI Bill® Options
There are multiple GI Bill® benefits and each is different. We recommend that you compare your options using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool or the comparison table at the VA website. These tools can help you calculate your benefits, research approved programs, and determine eligibility.
In addition, you can view more detailed information on the following programs:
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® - If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (MGIB-AD) - Provides education benefits to Veterans and Servicemembers who have at least two years of active duty.
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) - Provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve, including the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - Provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency declared by the president or Congress.
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)- Available if you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education benefit program.
- Survivors and Dependent Educational Assistance Program (DEA)- Offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.
Compare all Veteran Affairs Education Benefits >
Steps to Using VA Benefits
Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
Survivors & Dependent Benefits