ClearPath Mentoring empowers students and alumni to share their knowledge and experience through 1:1 or group mentoring options. Mentors and mentees benefit from participating in the program through educational achievement, professional development, and seizing networking opportunities.
Mentees, or information-seekers, are students and alumni with an interest in educational or professional development, skill development, or coaching and motivation. Learn more about how to get started as a mentee here.
Mentors, or information-sharers, are highly motivated university community members who have prior academic or professional experience to share in the community. Learn more about how to get started as a mentor here.
Built around academic programs and industry topics, our mentoring groups are professional interest communities aimed at helping you excel in your field.
- Accounting and Financial Services
- Business, Entrepreneurship, and Management
- Community and Social Services
- Culture, History, and Religion
- Education and Training
- Entertainment and Media
- Government Contracting and Public Administration
- Healthcare, Nursing, and Support Services
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Intelligence and National Security
- Law and Legal Services
- Military and Armed Forces
- Natural Resource Management
- Public Safety and Protective Services
- Sales, Marketing, and Public Relations
- Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Sports and Physical Fitness
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
"Being a mentor is amazingly beneficial. Students ask me questions I never considered during my studies or explain their views in ways that broaden my own perspectives. Additionally, sometimes I feel like I am getting a refresher training." - Jim Garrett, AMU Graduate
"I want to help other students to have the best college experience possible, like I did after I found my mentor. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness." -Tricia Fritz, AMU Graduate
Access to ClearPath Mentoring
- Login to ClearPath through the ecampus
- Complete Mentoring Program Overview app
- Add the ClearPath Mentoring Discussion Guide app
- Ensure your ClearPath profile is complete to increase opportunities for connections with users who share common academic or professional interests
- Establish connections by clicking the find mentor or mentee buttons