Eligible students in the international relations program who meet the criteria below will receive an invitation to pledge during the months of February & August. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have completed a majority of course work in international studies, including courses in relevant subject areas of anthropology, world religion, intelligence studies, military history, national security studies, Middle Eastern studies, economics, foreign languages, geography, history, or political science, email email@example.com in February & August to request an application. We will not accept applications outside the membership drive time-frame.
- Active student (completed at least one of our courses in the past 12 months)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above
- Completed a minimum of 12 semester hours in your current program (if earning a master's)
- Completed a minimum of 21 core requirement semester hours in your current program (if earning a bachelor's)
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's level international relations program
- Obtained an academic level of junior (if earning a bachelor's)
- Has complied with university policies on academic integrity
Pledging Requirements (more information outlined in invitation):
- Complete a minimum of five volunteer hours in an IR-related field
- Participate in at least one chapter conference call or guest speaker session
- Volunteer and actively participate in one sub-committee
For questions on eligibility criteria, email the chapter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.