Affordable Online Education
As a top online university, AMU provides quality and affordable online education to U.S. Armed Forces, members of the public safety, service and national security communities, and working adults in a wide range of fields. At AMU, we have earned our reputation as a leader in online higher education by always focusing on you: the student. We were nationally recognized by the prestigious Sloan Consortium for quality online education in 2009; and in 2009 and 2010 received their effective practices award.
AMU accepts students in the USA and around the world; and you need not be in the military.
American Military University (AMU) is the #1 provider of higher education to the U.S. military.***
- #34 Ranking on US News "Best Online Bachelor’s Programs"
- 190+ online certificates and degrees
- No admission fee
- Federal Student Aid and Armed Forces Tuition Assistance accepted
- Our Undergraduate Book Grant provides e-books and other required course reading materials at no cost for undergraduate-level courses for credit
- 58% of students transfer in credit
- 93% of employers would hire one of our graduates again
- 96% of seniors say they would choose us again**
- Our combined tuition, fees, and books are roughly 20% less for undergraduate, and 33% less for graduate students than the average in-state rates at a public university*
- Among the 10 U.S. leading providers of online education, we are on average 42% lower for undergraduate and 33% lower for graduate students*
Explore our branch-specific pages by clicking the insignias below.
*Based upon 2012 DoD enrollment figures for U.S. servicemembers.
*Tuition figures based on lowest possible tuition rates for ten U.S. leading regionally accredited providers of online education. In-state tuition information provided by the College Board. Undergraduate tuition assumes 10 classes per year over 4 years, with bachelor's degrees requiring between 120 and 124 semester hours (39-40 courses and 1-4 labs) depending on the program. Graduate tuition assumes 6 classes per year over 2 years with degrees ranging from 36 to 48 semester hours (12-15 courses) and require a comprehensive exam, a capstone project, or an integrative practicum.
**American Public University System, End of Program Survey, January 2010- September 2010.
Find Your Degree in 3 Steps
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
We want you to make an informed decision about the university that's right for you. For more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information - visit www.apus.edu/disclosure.