The online graduate certificate in Sports Management further develops your sports-related business knowledge and skills, including marketing, administration, legal issues, and the structure and functions of sports and fitness organizations. Settings for this industry include sports marketing agencies, intercollegiate athletics, professional sport franchises, recreational services, and health and fitness facilities. Courses in the certificate program allow you to study the nature and scope of the sports industry, unique aspects of sports management, and preparation for managing sport in the 21st century.
This online certificate in sports management is designed for students who want to gain additional knowledge and skills without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Legal issues and concepts in the sports industry
- Sports industry organization and functions
- Sports marketing, promotion, and public relations
- Financial management principles, skills, and practices
- Design, organization, and management of sport and recreation facilities and sporting events
- Sports entrepreneurship
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- To recognize the impact of laws, rules, and regulations on the sports industry.
- To distinguish and interpret how the sports industry is influenced by economic and financial pressures.
- To compare and contrast how marketing professionals use the media to capture the attention of the public in terms of increasing the visibility of sports in today’s marketplace.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.