Instructional Design and Delivery
The undergraduate certificate in Instructional Design and Delivery teaches how to develop curriculum and assessment for adult learners within online, face-to-face, and hybrid learning environments. In this online program, you’ll study the leading theories and concepts of contemporary curriculum design as advocated by leading scholars and practitioners, while learning to organize effective instruction that challenges and involves adult learners.
This concentrated, 6-course program is intended for undergraduate students who wish to further their knowledge in instructional design without committing to a degree program.
Note: This program is not designed to prepare educators for work in K-12 public school settings and is not a degree program that would lead to state-level teaching certification.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Interpersonal communications in the workplace
- Classroom management techniques for adult learners
- Teacher-centered vs. student-centered learning activities in adult learning environments
- Adult learning theories
- Curriculum design, measurement, and evaluation considerations for adult learning contexts
- Psychological principles for adult learning and cognition
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective professional and personal communication skills.
- Design curriculum for adult learning contexts.
- Use effective classroom management approaches in adult learning contexts.
- Apply adult learning theory.
- Apply learning and cognition theory in adult learning contexts.
- Design instructional assessments based upon measurement and evaluation theory.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
Because our university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (the same as the Ohio State University, Univ. of Chicago, and U.S. Air Force Academy, to name a few), we can accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $250 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.