Leadership and Logistics
The graduate certificate in Leadership and Logistics is a concentrated program designed to provide students with a solid foundation with regard to leaders, the leadership process, and motivation as they explore the basic principles of business logistics. Knowledge gained from this graduate program could be adapted for employers in many fields such as military service, nonprofits, or corporations. This online certificate in is intended for graduate students who wish to further their knowledge of leadership and logistics without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Theories of leadership and motivation
- Leadership characteristics and behavior
- Organizational management concepts and methods
- Strategic management and planning skills
- Intermodal transportation and logistics management
- Transportation terminology, infrastructure, and systems
- Logistics management
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Define and compare the different concepts relating to supply chain management, logistics, and transportation and its usage in industry today.
- Conduct analysis of the different leadership styles in business today, with a focus on the logistics business in the public and private sector.
- Compare and contrast different leadership traits and strategies at all levels of a logistics and supply chain organization in the public and private sector.
- Demonstrate how to determine the necessary assessment techniques to quantify successful supply chain management.
- Analyze and explain different methods for establishing and reaching personal and professional goals.
- Define and demonstrate how to resolve management controversies, problems, and conflicts.
- Analyze different modes and models of management interactions and impacts as compared to public and private logistics organizations.
- Define and discuss the various facets and concepts in business logistics today.
- Evaluate possible solutions to issues from various business logistics problems, situations, and controversies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to evaluate the economic and international situations will influence management’s assessment of logistics.
- Define how to leverage Internet and ebusiness capabilities for conducting logistics business in today’s global marketplace.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.