Pi Gamma Mu promotes, encourages, and rewards scholarship and service among students and faculty members in all of the social sciences.
Our university's chapter of Pi Gamma Mu is the proud recipient of the 2013 Chapter of the Year Award.
Eligible students who meet the criteria below will receive an invitation during the months of March & September. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not accept applications outside the membership drive time-frame.
- Active student (completed at least one of our courses in the past 12 months)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.50 or above
- Enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree
- Completed a minimum of six semester hours in your current program (if earning a master's)
- Completed a minimum of 20 core requirement semester hours (if earning a bachelor's)
- Obtained an academic level of at least junior (if earning a bachelor's)
- Enrolled in one of the following programs: criminal justice, history, homeland security, human development and family studies, intelligence studies, international relations, international relations and conflict resolution, military history, middle eastern studies, military studies, national security studies, political science, psychology, philosophy, public administration, public policy, or sociology
- Has complied with university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria, email the chapter at email@example.com.
The Chapter Advisor and Sponsor, Allison G. S. Knox, also serves as the Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society Governor of West Virginia. For more information about Pi Gamma Mu or starting a chapter of Pi Gamma Mu, please contact her directly at Allison_G.S._Knox@hotmail.com.