Military Studies Online Master's Degree
The Master of Arts in Military Studies ensures that students will learn about the strategic and operational levels of military operations while allowing students to tailor their graduate study to their individual needs by choosing concentrations in Joint Warfare or Strategic Leadership.
Graduates of this program have received the preparation required to serve effectively in mid-level and senior government or military occupations, to publish scholarly works, and/or to pursue a doctorate in a related field.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning outcomes objectives, this degree also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of military studies, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
- Analyze the origins, development, capabilities, and vulnerabilities of both friendly and hostile military forces.
- Assess the major trends, theories, laws of war, events, and people that have shaped military studies in both an historical and modern context.
- Evaluate the variables and influences affecting military forces to include the following: leadership, doctrine; strategy, tactics, operations, joint operations and integrated systems, technology, cultures, and the multidimensional battle space.
- Judge examples of successful and unsuccessful military and strategic leadership philosophies and decisions based on historical and current events.
- Analyze critical issues and trends in national and international security that affect the strategic employment and sustainment of military forces and the relationship between military power and other elements of national power.
- Develop effective research, analysis, methodological, and presentation skills relevant to Military Studies.
- Synthesize information in a publication-quality paper that presents new knowledge or a new approach to a topic pertinent to the field of Military Studies.
- Master of Arts in Military History
- Graduate Certificate in Joint Warfare
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.