Online Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies offers you a chance to develop an appreciation of several academic disciplines while helping you to attain baccalaureate-level critical thinking and communication skills. Academic discipline choices include, but are not limited to: business; criminal justice; information management and technology; culture, society, and the environment; national and local security; and liberal and interpretive arts. This degree allows you to build and focus upon unique areas of study without the constraints of a regular major. Graduates of this program apply their skills and abilities in public policy, government, helping professions, human resources, and public relations, and are prepared for graduate studies where the focus will be narrower.
Courses in this bachelor's program are reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today's marketplace. You will choose from among 130 different courses to make up this general studies program to meet your individual needs. Some topics include:
- Research, analytics, and written communication
- American and global business, laws, ethics, and strategy
- Financial management and budget development
- Human resource fundamentals
- Information technology systems
- Aspects of management
- Sales principles and public relations
- Space history, organizations, and policies
- Justice, emergency management, and fire safety
- Family development, psychology, and sociology
Note: This program does not qualify for Federal Student Aid.
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Explore all programs
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
View more details regarding our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information.