Bachelor of Science
The B.S. in Sports Management is designed for those who are interested in sports management, coaching, and administration in collegiate, community, or high school sports. This online bachelor’s degree arms you with an improved understanding of sports administration, coaching theory and strategy, and business skills such as marketing, promotion, public relations, finance, and sports law. This degree program is an ideal choice for you as you pursue a career as an interscholastic or intercollegiate coach, sports manager, or front-office manager.
The curriculum for this online bachelor’s program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Accounting fundamentals and financial statements
- Microeconomics and macroeconomics in sports management
- Sports law, risk management, and regulations
- Sports facilities and events management
- Ethics and contemporary and social issues in sports
- Sports marketing, public relations, and communications
- Athletic programs administration and sports governance
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Describe the impact of legal principles and considerations in sport management on the decision-making process for sport managers.
- Apply management principles, concepts, and practices associated with the operations and maintenance of sports and recreation facilities.
- Appraise sociological, historical, political, and philosophical aspects of sport.
- Examine ethical practices, procedures, and decision-making models used in sports management professions.
- Apply financial management principles and concepts to managing a sports organization and facility.
- Analyze the dimensions of specific sport marketing plans and strategies
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
Because our university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (the same as the Ohio State University, Univ. of Chicago, and U.S. Air Force Academy, to name a few), we can accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $250 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.