Master of Arts
The Master of Arts of Entrepreneurship is designed for students seeking to pursue a business venture or manage an entrepreneurial enterprise. You will be exposed to practical application of business theory in ideation, marketing, management, capital, and the virtual experience involved with being an entrepreneur. Developed to provide specialized knowledge for budding entrepreneurs, this online graduate degree provides specialized knowledge taught by faculty members who will help lend direction to your entrepreneurial plans.
The curriculum for this online master’s program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Accounting principles, financial tools, and economic analysis
- Role of the financial manager in organizations
- Decision-making models and tools
- Comprehensive and effective business plans
- Opportunities for new business ventures
- Legal and ethical issues for small business owners
- Individual and group behaviors within organizations
- Concepts and terminology of modern e-commerce
- Small business operations and funding
- Marketing strategies for business start-up and growth
Note: This program has specific admission requirements. Please view the requirements below to be sure you qualify to apply for this program.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Design strategies to effectively target the needs of current and future customers.
- Develop mission statements, vision statements, and strategies to obtain and sustain various marketing segments to increase growth potential.
- Use analytical financial tools to conduct business analysis and to communicate reasoning for business decisions.
- Evaluate current business needs and the need for changes in policies and procedures by using advanced analysis techniques to determine their interdisciplinary applicability.
- Analyze the legal, regulatory, and compliance issues affecting the entrepreneurial environment.
- Differentiate various managerial approaches, specifically their effect on the individual, group, and organization.
- Integrate advanced business analysis and the use of various data tools into alternative evaluation in the discovery and implementation of possible solutions to business problems.
- Prepare financial forecasts as part of a comprehensive business plan.
- Design a comprehensive strategic plan and pitch.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion. You will be asked to select a concentration when you enroll in this program.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
This concentration is designed for students seeking to pursue a business venture or manage an entrepreneurial enterprise. Looks at the practical application of business theory in marketing, management, finance, along with the online experience involved with running a business.
- BUSN624 - Principles of E Commerce
- RLMT500 - Reverse Logistics Management
- ENTR630 - Entrepreneurial Marketing
- ENTR621 - International Entrepreneurship
Focuses on wellness and conditioning trends and culture. Provides an overview of exercise and sport physiology, strength training, nutrition, and psychology, and how they affect human athletic performance. Teaches advanced methods of exercise, conditioning, and motor learning for different populations.
- SPHS501 - Advanced Exercise and Sport Physiology
- SPHS502 - Motor Learning
- SPHS503 - Nutrition for Sports Performance
- SPHS504 - Advanced Methods of Strength and Conditioning
- SPHS506 - Essentials of Human Performance and Exercise Science
- SPHS508 - Current Topics in Exercise Science and Human Performance
- SPHS509 - Optimal Sports Performance
- SPHS520 - Current Topics in Health and Wellness Management
Examines the key concepts and principles of legal practices, operations, funding, and marketing specific to small business ownership.
- ENTR615 - Legal Practices for Small Business
- ENTR625 - Small Business Funding
- ENTR620 - Small Business Operations
- ENTR631 - Small Business Marketing
Program Admission Requirements
All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, you will need to follow the course requirements listed below.
If you have a non-business-related bachelor's degree, or you have a bachelor's degree in a business program that is NOT accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), or the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), your required first courses here will be:
- ENTR500 - Ideation
- BUSN602 - Managerial Analysis
- BUSN603 - Quantitative Analysis
Note: you may enroll in other courses only after you have completed these 3 courses.
If you have a bachelor's degree in a business program that is accredited by ACBSP, AACSB, or IACBE, you are NOT required to take BUSN602 or BUSN603, and instead may take 2 graduate-level elective courses after completing ENTR500. Your admissions representative will need to review your bachelor's transcript to verify this information.
An admission representative will contact you with further details about how to submit the required documentation after you complete the enrollment application.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.