The purpose of this organization is to confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies; provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities; foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing; promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members; exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and serve society by fostering literacy.
Access to academic recognition, networking opportunities, community engagement, national/regional conferences, scholarship/award opportunities, and up-to-date information in the field of English, subscription to the Society Journal and Newsletters and membership pin.
Lifetime membership fee:
If you are currently a member of Sigma Tau Delta, your group is active on Facebook. For assistance connecting with this group email@example.com.
Sigma Tau Delta achieved BRONZE standing, per the university's Chapter Standards program. Bronze standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Campus leadership opportunities are a great way to meet other students, alumni, and faculty at the university while also developing skills in the areas of:
- Administrative and project management
- Organizational knowledge and strategy
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs is always looking for people to get involved and be campus leaders, including chapter officers, who lead student organizations like this one. If you’re interested in being a campus leader and chapter officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if there are chapter officer openings for this organization!
Eligible students meeting the criteria below will receive an invitation to join during the months of January and July. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email email@example.com.
- Status Requirement: active student (completed at least one course in the past 12 months)
- Program Requirement: enrolled in a bachelor's or master's level English or general studies program
- GPA Requirement:
- Graduate Students: cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in current program
- Undergraduate Students: cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher in current program
- Semester Hour Requirement:
- Graduate: completed a minimum of six semester hours at the university
- Undergraduate: completed a minimum of six semester hours at the university in current program; completed at least 12 semester hours of English or Literature courses; completed at least 36 semester hours toward current program (with university and transfer credit)
- Complied with the university policies on academic integrity
For questions on eligibility criteria, email firstname.lastname@example.org.