Reading Assignments: Read the each week's assignment in the Lessons area in Sakai
Supplemental Readings: (none; but you will need to conduct research to complete your written assignments.
Forum Assignments: : There are multiple required Forums in this course. All forums are graded, including the introduction forum. These forums will require some research and will be graded on your detail and analysis – you will not receive 100% simply for participation. I expect well thought-out discussions and responses to other students’ forum posts.
Homework Assignments: Seven homework assignments will be posted to the online classroom (they are also briefly described in the weekly schedule below). These will involve information from your resource searches, including internet research. Homework will be graded and returned before the exams are posted, so that you can use them for studying. Assignment/essay requirements:
- Papers should be 12-point font, double spaced and be approximately 3-4 pages in length
- Papers must include references/citations; those that do not will receive no higher than a “C” for the assignment
- Post your documents using a .doc rather than a .docx file
- Put your name on at least the first page of the paper, and include your last name in the filename of the paper
- Please number each page of your paper
- It’s recommended that you use Turnitin – see "course guidelines" in this syllabus for details
Exams/Quizzes: There will be 5 open-resource quizzes posted to the online classroom. The schedule below shows which weeks will have quizzes. They will consist of short answer (essay) questions.
The midterm exam will be open-resource, but it will have a time limit. It will consist mainly of short answers. Absolutely no late exams will be accepted.
Final Exam: The final exam will consist of short answers or essay questions. It will also be open-resource and will be available during the final week of class; again no late exams will be accepted.