Students in this course will review retail merchandising operations Retail selling effort is the principal task of in-store sales personnel through the use of promotions designed by a manufacturer, such as unique displays, giveaways, or discount and premium offers. In this case, merchandising is the act of managing and arranging the merchandise on display in a store so as to promote its sale. Its importance in a competitive market to include the relationship between retail merchandising operations and corporate profitability will be examined. Students will discover the various retail merchandising operations including planning, organizing, staffing, directing, leading and controlling, as well as analyzing the competitive market and how the many different concepts of retail merchandising operations are needed for today’s managers to continue to increase profits for their shareholders. Students will discover how today’s competitive and global organizations utilize techniques and resources to succeed and remain profitable.
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe retail merchandising operations and their importance in a competitive market.
2. Summarize the relationship between retail merchandising operations and corporate profitability.
3. Differentiate the various retail merchandising operations employed by several companies.
4. Identify the concepts of retail merchandising operations necessary for increased profits to shareholders.
5. List the different techniques and resources used by global organizations to remain profitable.
6. Describe the functions of retail merchandising operations and the impact on profit margins.
7. Examine various operational theories used by successful retailers.
8. Evaluate the many factors of merchandise blending.
Book Title: Retail Marketing Management: Principles & Practice - e-book available in the APUS Online Library, link also available in the classroom Lessons section; hard copy not available from the APUS Bookstore, please try other sources.
Retail Marketing Management: Principles & Practice - e-book available in the APUS Online Library, link also available in the classroom Lessons section; hard copy not available from the APUS Bookstore, please try other sources.
American Public University System, 111 W. Congress Street, Charles Town, WV 25414 | Toll Free: 877-755-2787
American Public University System (APUS) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Public Education, Inc. (APEI). Pursuant to a contractual arrangement, APEI provides certain services for the benefit of APUS, subject to APUS oversight and ultimate authority. Pursuant to a license, APEI may use APUS’s trademarks and other intellectual property in its performance of those services. American Public University System, American Public University, and American Military University are not affiliated with American University or the U.S. Military.