Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of each week will not be graded. The forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
- Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
- Initial responses should be no less than 450 words.
- Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
- Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
- Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
- Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
- All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
- Forum rubric is included in the forum section of the course
- Additional guidelines for week one forum introduction are included in the forum tab within the course
- More in-depth specific instructions for each forum can be found in the forum tab within the course.
- Late Forum posts receive a 10% per day late penalty. If your 2 peer responses are posted after the week is ended (after Day 7, Sunday) they receive a zero, in that the discussion is over and you cannot receive credit for participation in a discussion with others after the discussion week has closed.
Students will be responsible for providing a peer response posting for at least two (2) of their peers’ postings, unless there are less than 3 students in the course, where only one (1) peer posting will be required. Your peer postings should challenge or expound upon at least one of the points made by your peer, and “I agree” does not constitute as an adequate response. As graduate students, you will be expected to provide comprehensive, relevant and well supported points in your assignments.
We all bring something unique to the classroom, from our understanding, our experiences, and our value systems. We honor and respect each person’s diverse beliefs to help us see beyond the classroom to be the most effective individuals we can be. Therefore, we should all be respectful of others while expressing our viewpoints and opinions. Proper netiquette behavior is expected. Any inflammatory, demeaning or disrespectful language in a posting will be immediately removed from the discussion space.
There will be seven (7) weekly assignments that will be due by Sunday each week. The topics will be related to the weekly readings. Each assignment should be at least two pages long and be in proper APA format. All assignments must be submitted through the assignment link and must have a TurnItIn score before they will be graded. The TurnItIn score generally takes at least twenty minutes after submitting. Check back before the due date to make sure your submission has a TurnItIn score and that the score is significantly low. Assignments may be resubmitted before the due date with no penalty. Assignments that are not submitted on time and do not have a TurnItIn score will incur penalties for lateness until the assignment is successfully submitted. Please see the grading rubric in the weekly assignments for how you will be graded.
Please review the Weekly Assignment Grading Rubric prior to submission. Assignments are due in the Assignment portion of the classroom by Sunday, 11:55 p.m. EST each week. Make sure you read and understand the directions and requirements for each assignment. Please ensure you cite your references in APA format with a minimum of 3 references (You may use your textbook as a reference and you should have a minimum of 2 academic outside references).
For this course, students will be required to complete a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation (this total does not include title slide, reference slides and graphs, charts or other graphic slides) on an environmental health issue/problem of their choosing. At least seven references must be included in proper APA format. The notes section of the PPT presentation must be used for citations and to provide a narrative to the slide (as shown in attached resource). The narrative must add to the slide and not just repeat the information given on the slide. This will be what you record for the audio portion of the assignment. All final PPT presentation topics must be posted to the appropriate forum space for instructor approval by the end of week 4. All final PowerPoint presentations must be submitted no later than the last day of week 7 at 11:55 pm EST.
See Assignment link for detailed instructions and the grading rubric before submitting your topic for approval in the Week 4 Forum.
Please review the Final Paper/Project Grading Rubric prior to submission. Final Paper/Project is due in the assignment portion of the classroom by Sunday, 11:55 p.m. EST of week 7. Make sure you read and understand the directions and requirements for each Assignment. Please ensure you cite your references in APA format with a minimum of 7 references (You may use your textbook as a reference and you should have a minimum of 6 academic outside references including at least 3 peer-reviewed journal articles).
- More in-depth specific instructions for each assignment can be found in the Assignment tab within the course.
- Assignments submitted late without advance notice will receive a 5% per day late penalty and will not be accepted for grading five (5) days past the due date.