- Degrees & Programs
- Student Success
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: NURS699 Course ID: 4800 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
In this capstone course, students will apply the knowledge acquired throughout their graduate study. They will develop an evidence-based project proposal relevant to a problem or issue in current professional nursing practice. Components include problem identification, thorough literature review, proposal of a solution, an implementation plan, a process of evaluation, and dissemination of findings. Proposals and research are appropriate to the student’s area of specialty study: education or leadership.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|03/30/20 - 09/04/20||09/07/20 - 11/01/20||Summer 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
|05/25/20 - 10/30/20||11/02/20 - 12/27/20||Fall 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
|07/27/20 - 01/01/21||01/04/21 - 02/28/21||Winter 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
1. Evaluate the implications of change/s to practice resulting from the implementation of an evidence-based project.
2. Execute the use of leadership competencies in the dissemination of an evidence based project.
3. Assess authorship, conflicts of interest, plagiarism, and other legal and ethical issues in dissemination
4. Design a presentatin to disseminate evidence directed towards improving practice and care environments.
5. Author an abstract for submission to a professional nursing journal or conference.
|Book Title:||There is no required text book purchase. Students should use learning materials, and text books from previous nursing courses as references.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.