- Degrees & Programs
- Student Success
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: MKTG301 Course ID: 3427 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course explores the principles of selling in various situations encountered in interpersonal interactions. Effective and ineffective sales methods for both person-to-person and group selling are studied in order to increase the understanding of the sales process.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|03/30/20 - 09/04/20||09/07/20 - 11/01/20||Summer 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
|05/25/20 - 10/30/20||11/02/20 - 12/27/20||Fall 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
|07/27/20 - 01/01/21||01/04/21 - 02/28/21||Winter 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
1. Describe the evolution of personal selling from ancient times to the modern era.
2. Explain the importance of trust.
3. Categorize the primary types of buyers.
4. Explain the importance of collaborative, two-way communication in personal selling.
5. Explain strategic prospecting.
6. Discuss the different types of sales presentations and what goes into their planning.
7. Describe the difference between features, potential benefits, and confirmed benefits and the role they play in benefits selling.
8. Explain why it is important to anticipate and overcome buyer concerns and resistance.
9. Describe the five sequential steps of self-leadership.
10. Explain how to follow up to assess customer satisfaction.
|Forum 1||3.89 %|
|Forum 2||3.89 %|
|Forum 3||3.89 %|
|Forum 4||3.89 %|
|Forum 5||3.89 %|
|Forum 6||3.89 %|
|Forum 7||3.89 %|
|Forum 8||3.89 %|
|Week 1 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 2 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 3 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 4 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 5 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 6 Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 7 - Case Analysis||7.86 %|
|Week 8 Principles of Sales Final Essay Exam||10.00 %|
|Book Title:||The Power of Selling - e-book available online, links provided inside the classroom|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.