- MS Office
A short list of Audit and Accounting Standard Organizations and their publications:
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Statements on Auditing Standards (http://www.aicpa.org/members/div/auditstd/auditing_standards.htm)
Codification of Auditing Standards (Including AICPA and PCAOB Auditing and Attestation Standards) - The "bible" of audit standards.
• Institute of Internal Auditors Association (IIA)
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) Government Auditing Standards and Title 2, Accounting
• The IT Governance Institute COBIT
• The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
• Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation (IIARF)
• Systems Auditability and Control
• National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/index.html
- • William F. Messier, Jr. , Steven M. Glover, Douglas F. Prawitt, Messier Glover, Auditing and Assurance Services, A systematic Approach, 4th Ed., McGraw-Hill College, December 2004
- • Frederick Gallegos, Daniel Manson, Carol Gonzales, Information Technology Control and Audit, 2nd Ed., Auerbach Publications, 2004
- • Sam Afyouni, Database Security And Auditing: Protecting Data Integrity and Accessibility, Course Technology, 2006,
• Munter, Paul. "Evaluating Internal Controls and Auditor Independence under Sarbanes-Oxley." Financial Executive 19.7 (2003): 26 (2).
• “Perspectives on Internal Control Reporting: A Resource for Financial Market Participants." Deloitte & Touche LLP, Ernst & Young LLP, KPMG LLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. December 2004.
• Piazza, Peter. "IT security requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley." Security Management June 2004: 40(1).