Course Code: ISSC426 Course ID: 4408 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course will provide necessary guidance to build a proper audit to ensure that operational integrity and customer data protection, among other aspects, are addressed for cloud based resources. This course will serve as a cloud computing reference for auditors and IT Security Professionals. It will also provide information to assist in preparing for an audit addressing cloud computing.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
The successful student will fulfill the following learning objectives:
- Detail and explain the cloud computing Service Layers and their roles
- Outline and present all facets of the Audit Process and the Control Frameworks
- Define Governance and the Security Issues in the Cloud
- Comprehend the Lifecycle Management for the Cloud
- Implement Cloud-Based IT Service Delivery and Support
- Assess the Protection and Privacy of Information Assets in the Cloud
- Illustrate Cloud Morphing
The grading will be based on five graded lesson reviews, eight weekly Forum postings, and an individual project paper and presentation.
- There will be five assignments (5% each) counting a total of 25% of the final grade. The assignments will follow each of the major milestones of the course. These assignments will be recaps of the week’s lesson.
- There will be eight weekly Forum postings you will need to respond to. Answers should be 2-3 paragraphs with a topic sentence that restates the question and supporting sentences using the terms, concepts, and theories from the required readings. Each answer should be a minimum of 200 words (about 6 or 7 sentences). You may disagree, support or supplement other students’ answers using the terms, concepts and theories from the required readings. All responses should be a courteous paragraph that contains a topic sentence with good supporting sentences. You may respond multiple times with a continuous discussion with points and counter points. The key requirement is to express your idea and then support your position using the terms, concepts and theories from the required readings to demonstrate to me that you understand the material. The Forum postings will count as 50% of the final grade.
- There will be one final project that counts as 25% of the final grade. The content for the final project is listed under the Week 8 of this syllabus.
All assignments and Forum questions by 12:00 midnight Eastern Time of the Sunday of the week assigned
|Forum #1||6.25 %|
|Forum #2||6.25 %|
|Forum #3||6.25 %|
|Forum #4||6.25 %|
|Forum #5||6.25 %|
|Forum #6||6.25 %|
|Forum #7||6.25 %|
|Forum #8||6.25 %|
|Project Paper and Presentation||25.00 %|
|Week 8 Project Paper and Presentation||25.00 %|
|Weekly Assignments||25.00 %|
|Week 2 Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 4 Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Assignment||5.00 %|
|Week 6 Assignment||5.00 %|
1. Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
2. Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox/Safari
|Book Title:||To find the library e-book(s) req'd for your course, please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the eReserve by course #.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
|Book Title:||Auditing Cloud Computing: A Security and Privacy Guide-E-book available in the APUS Online Library|
Not current for future courses.