Course Code: HRMT605 Course ID: 2762 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
The course examines the techniques, policies, processes, strategies, and practices used by companies and managers to leverage effectively and efficiently their human capital. Students will evaluate how HR practices are aligned with organizational objectives. Additional special topics include workforce planning, diversity management, and succession planning.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze strategic approaches used by Human Resource Management (HRM) professionals in the workplace and the linkage to organizational strategy.
- Assess human resource management’s critical role as a “change” agent.
- Explain the relationship of contingent workers, outsourcing, and the virtual organization.
- Describe the strategic choices managers face with respect to ethical considerations, employee rights, employer responsibilities, and technology.
- Determine the linkage between training, performance, productivity, and measuring the bottom line through metrics.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of SHRM through practice exercises and case analyses.
- Evaluate the value and appropriateness of SHRM functions and programs within specific organizational settings.
|Discussion Forums||35.00 %|
|Introduction Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 1 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.89 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.89 %|
|Research Outline||10.00 %|
|Week 4: Research Outline||10.00 %|
|Annotated Bibliography||15.00 %|
|Week 4: Annotated Bibliography||15.00 %|
|Final Project||30.00 %|
|Week 7: Final Project||30.00 %|
|Power Point||10.00 %|
|Week 8: PowerPoint||10.00 %|
In addition to the required course texts the following public domain Websites are useful. Please abide by the university’s academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note web site addresses are subject to change.
Society for Business Ethics
(Refer to this website for some of the supplemental reading material that appears in your weekly discussion board)
Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
|Book Title:||There are no required books for this course.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.