- Degrees & Programs
- Student Success
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: HOSP412 Course ID: 4348 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
Theories and concepts of hospitality globalization with a comprehensive approach that emphasizes planning, development, and marketing a destination.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|05/25/20 - 10/30/20||11/02/20 - 12/27/20||Fall 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Utilizing research, identify the various organizations and strategies utilized to market a destination.
2. Explain marketing management as it relates to a destination by calculating the ROI of a CVB.
3. Recognize the structures of destination marketing organizations, funding sources and operations utilizing research, to include interviews.
4. Understand the various careers in destination marketing organizations utilizing research, to include interviews.
5. Apply marketing management theory utilizing authentic destination marketing organizational models.
6. Describe the role technology plays in destination management and marketing by creating a website for your local CVB.
|Forum 1||4.00 %|
|Forum 2||4.00 %|
|Forum 3||4.00 %|
|Forum 4||4.00 %|
|Forum 5||4.00 %|
|Forum 6||4.00 %|
|Forum 7||4.00 %|
|Forum 8||4.00 %|
|Assignment Week 4: Marketing the CVB||7.00 %|
|Assignment Week 7: Industry Associations||7.00 %|
|Assignment Week 2: Financial Management||7.00 %|
|Assignment Week 6: Building the Website for Your CVB||7.00 %|
|OPTIONAL: Extra Credit||3.50 %|
|Final Project||16.00 %|
|Assignment Week 8: Final Project||16.00 %|
|Week 1 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 2 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 3 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 4 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 5 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 6 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 7 Quiz||3.00 %|
|Week 8 Quiz||3.00 %|
The VitalSource e-book is provided via the APUS Bookstore.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/bookstore for more information.
Required Readings – As assigned, see Weekly Lessons and Forum Postings
Additional Resources and Websites – See Weekly Lessons
|Book Title:||Fundamentals of Destination Management and Marketing - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$37.80|
Not current for future courses.