Course Code: HIMA350 Course ID: 4912 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with the concept of Quality and the process of Quality Improvement across the Health Care continuum. This course focuses on the history and evolution of quality, its terms, principles, theories, and practices. The student is introduced to a diverse collection of methods of improving quality, including but not limited to continuous Quality Improvement and Total Quality Management, and to the guidelines for implementing quality management and the continuous quality improvement processes. Students will also be exposed to new cutting edge technologies that impact the quality improvement efforts/interventions in health care delivery that make quality health care more safe, timely, effective, equitable, efficient, and patient-centered.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
- Manage healthcare data sets such as HEDIS, UHDDS, and OASIS.
- Develop organization-wide health record documentation guidelines.
- Maintain organizational compliance with regulations and standards such as Joint Commission, CARF, and COP and state health departments.
- Develop organizational survey readiness for accreditation, licensing, and/or certification process.
- Analyze clinical data for a disease management process such as case management
- Analyze quality assessment including quality management, data quality, risk exposure, safety initiatives, and identification of best practices for health information
Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words and contains two references..
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
|Book Title:||Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice, 5th ed. - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$115.00|
Not current for future courses.