- Degrees & Programs
- Student Success
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: HIMA250 Course ID: 4911 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course will introduce students to the healthcare delivery systems including organization, accreditation, licensure, and regulatory agencies. Students will examine the historic development, organization and characteristics of the health care delivery systems; current payment and reimbursement systems for each healthcare delivery systems; accrediting agencies applicable to health care; the functions of health care providers; organizational patterns of health care facilities; medical staff organization and bylaws. The work of accrediting, licensing, and certifying agencies, such as that of the Joint Commission, the American Osteopathic Association, Medicare, and Medicaid will be discussed in detail for each health care area. (Prerequisite: HIMA110)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|04/27/20 - 10/02/20||10/05/20 - 11/29/20||Fall 2020 Session B||8 Week session|
|06/29/20 - 12/04/20||12/07/20 - 01/31/21||Fall 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words and contains two references..
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
|Book Title:||Comparative Health Information Management, 4th ed. - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$35.00|
|Book Title:||Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice, 5th ed. - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$115.00|
Not current for future courses.