Course Code: EVSP561 Course ID: 3981 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course is an introduction to the philosophical and practical principles of green and sustainable design through the exploration of environmental issues, sustainable materials and methods, and public policy and decision making. Sustainability principles, policies, and programs that encourage and guide current initiatives are analyzed. Innovative strategies for implementing sustainable projects, programs, and practices are investigated through the review of case studies and completion of a final course project.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- LO-1 Distinguish the principles of sustainability and the roles of multiple disciplines in their effective implementation.
- LO-2 Analyze the complex and dynamic interactions between humans and their environment.
- LO-3 Assess the role of government policy at municipal, regional, national, and global levels in achieving sustainable development.
- LO-4 Analyze the political, regulatory, and economic barriers that prevent full implementation of sustainable products, goods and services.
- LO-5 Apply the principles of sustainability to complex environmental problems.
- LO-6 Analyze the role of sustainability in meeting critical resource needs, such as renewable energy and water quality and quantity, on the local, regional, national, and global scale.
|Forum 1||3.00 %|
|Forum 2||3.00 %|
|Forum 3||3.00 %|
|Forum 4||3.00 %|
|Forum 5||3.00 %|
|Forum 6||3.00 %|
|Forum 7||3.00 %|
|Forum 8||3.00 %|
|Case Studies||52.00 %|
|Case Study #1||13.00 %|
|Case Study #2||13.00 %|
|Case Study #3||13.00 %|
|Case Study #4||13.00 %|
|Final Project||24.00 %|
|Final Project Presentation||24.00 %|
Additional Resources: Please go to the program guides in the APUS Library for additional resources:
Environmental Policy and Management: http://apus.campusguides.com/environmental_policy_management?hs=a
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) - American Public University System provides Microsoft Office 365 to AMU/APU students and faculty at no cost
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.